Tuesday, January 17, 2012

FHE Bros: Hands on or hands off?

Remember that time I mentioned the date last semester that I wasn't really excited for?  Yeah, it was a disaster.    Not only did he insist we walk to the Rick's building in the wind and cold around 6pm without dinner, he sat me down at a piano and serenaded me with primary songs he wrote.  And then he insisted that we do our coloring activity for about three hours.  I wanted to die.

After the date was finally over, he sent me at least one text every day for the next week.  I didn't want to be overly friendly and lead him on, so I only responded half the time.  I felt bad, but this guy was really coming on strong.  It was made extra awkward because he was my FHE brother.

Here's my question: is it taboo to pursue someone in your FHE group?

I'm torn.  I know what it's like to be on both ends, being pursued and being the pursuer.  As you just read, being pursued just made things awkward and uncomfortable.  Pursing never lead to anything except a really solid friendships.

Now that I have an FHE group that isn't overly dominated by girls (there are more guys in my ward that girls.  This is a first!) we have one guy apartment and one girl apartment and the playing field is level.  Plus, at least four of the guys are really attractive and pretty funny.  I haven't developed any crushes yet, but they've peaked my interest.

But is it or is it not kosher to be into an FHE brother?  I still don't know.  At this point, I'm hoping it is...

2 comments:

  1. Kosher? I don't know either. But I do know that I've had several friends marry their FHE sibling/parent/child/spouse/cousin. So yeah, it can happen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems like everyone is marrying they're FHE siblings. It's kosher, methinks.

    ReplyDelete