Wednesday, January 18, 2012

I kinda dig closure

Yesterday I started talking to Wade for a bit, just kind of breaking a silence that had lasted a couple of days (except on Facebook; Wade likes to like or comment on everything I post) and after a couple of texts I got pretty fed up with the wondering and asked him if he'd thought about what we talked about (visiting, what he wants out of this...) and pretty much if he'd made a decision.  

He said he wants to visit, he just doesn't know what he'll be able to.  He told me he feels like he's in the right place right now, which means he won't be moving out in Idaho any time soon.  Then he pretty much told me that we can be friends, but right now he feels like he's in the right place and he's not going to do anything until he gets the feeling that he needs to do something else.  

I knew this was what was going to happen; I can see the signs, I can recognize when something is dying.  It was the ever present optimist in me that was clinging to the shred of hope that maybe, just maybe Wade would wake up and take action.  

It is what it is, I've prepared myself for this moment, I'm feeling alright.  It'll take off some of the worry and wonder and headache that Wade has been these past couple months.  And truthfully, it was really fun for that first little while.  I really liked having someone to talk to all the time and text and flirt with.  

Maybe next time it will just happen with someone who's living in the same town as me.

Fingers crossed!


No comments:

Post a Comment