Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Valentine's Day is fast approaching

Valentine's Day.  Two words that invoke visions of cherubs, boxes of chocolates, and lingerie.  They also invoke visions of sitting by yourself, stabbing little paper cutouts with a pair of childproof scissors.

Valentine's Day, Single's Awareness Day, Lonely Heart's Unite, Vamlumtimes Day, V-Day, Cupid's Holiday...whatever you call it, it's sure got two very different sides.

Out of all the Valentine's Days of my past, I've spent only one of them with a boyfriend (Joe.  I've mentioned him before.  He's not much to talk about... definitely a boyfriend I regret).  And, at the time, Joe lived across the country since we were both on our off track.  We sent each other pretty awesome Valentine's packages that were super cute (mine was better; I bought a GIANT (!!!) stuffed bear and put a voice recording of a sweet message in it's paw.  I'm the best girlfriend) but other than that, it was pretty uneventful.

This year I don't think will be any different from the previous years; I will sit in my apartment, most likely joined by roommates, for an evening of chickflick watching, wallowing in our lack of men.  It will be a S.A.D party to the max.  Maybe we'll even deck the walls with torn up hearts and images of Cupid bleeding with his own arrow stabbed in his chest.  But I'm not hostile towards the holiday or anything...

It would be nice to have someone to hold on Valentine's Day.  I have 20 days to get the guy.  Will, watch your back.

When I get married, I'm wearing this on Valentine's Day.  Only this.

No comments:

Post a Comment