Monday, September 30, 2013

Guest Post: The LDS Dating Guru

As some of you may recall I have started talking to the guys behind the LDS Dating Guru blog (and now they have a new website). Over the month or so that we've been chatting and exchanging blogging advice, we've spent some time discussing doing guest posts for each other. One of their authors, The Libertarian of Love, has graciously written a post for my blog. These guys have a different style and approach than I do, but some of what they say is really sound advice and they are always entertaining.

Give them a chance! If you can read my blog and suffer through all the times I took Kirk back and still support me, you can definitely give these great guys a chance. Without further ado...

How To Get a Date
by The Libertarian of Love

One surefire way to make an LDS man ask you on a date. First off lets talk about what wont get you asked on a date. 

  1. Being the girl that sits and says nothing during FHE. 
  2. Bringing a platter of cookies over to his apartment. 
  3. Adding him on Facebook 
  4. Asking him about where he went to high school 
  5. Bearing your testimony 
  6. Asking non stop mission questions. 
The next point I bring up may seem cruel, but you need to know this. If you weigh more than the man you are asking out, you will not get a date. If you are over weight, you must work harder for a date. You can call us men shallow.. and we are. However just like you like to brag about how cute, sweet, caring, smart your BF is. Guys like to be able to have a girl that they will bring home and not have they're father make fun of them with "well she seems nice." 

I'll be honest I've made out with one or two women with a few extra pounds in my day. They were fantastic kissers BTW. However could i bring her around my friends? Well I did once, and I was mocked more than Miley Cyrus. Worst thing was SHE WAS DEMANDING so much so I ended it. But I digress... 

What women need to do to land a date. 
  1. Smile- I mean until your cheeks hurt (yes as males we notice.) 
  2. Approach- Don't give me this man up speech, no man ever labeled a girl a whore for going out of her way to say hi. But don't just say hi ask him all about himself. 
  3. Compliment his clothes, ask if he works out, touch his arm, and most of all TEASE HIM!! 
  4. Touch him, FLIRT it up. 
Now tons of you girls are going "Well I'm not going to be labeled as the girl who just flirts with a million boys". BLAH BLAH BLAH Will your boyfriend care once you start dating that you flirted with boys in the past? NOOOOPE, and as far as the girls that will say nasty things about you. Who cares? Will you and your future husband/boyfriend and you sit around and talk about everyone else? nope. 

Offer the guy something unique. 

  • Concert tickets- "dude this chick invited me to go to green day with her!" 
  • NBA Game- "Jenny invited me to the game with her.... Lebron's going down." 
  • If you, or your family has some really awesome firearms invite him to go shooting with you guys. 
  • Gift certificates- "Hey John, I have a gift certificate to the Texas road house and you should come with." 
  • Tell the guy he is cute and you would love a date with him- If a man is attracted at all.. 90% chance you land a date with this one line. 
You have to make him a great offer. Most of all be POSITIVE the entire date, and make it OBVIOUS that you find him attractive, and/or you like him. 

Good luck ladies! 

and make sure to check out our blog www.mormondatingguru.blogspot.com 



3 comments:

  1. I sorta feel like this post should be titled "Girls Guide to Land Douchey Guys Who Think They're Pickup Artists." The second half wasn't as bad, those aren't bad tips, but seriously, "don't ask him where he went to high school"?! "If you're overweight, don't expect more from me than a booty call"?!
    The dating scene is not about Game. Be yourself. Be your best self, strive to be better, but be your self. Unless all you're looking for is a hookup, in that case play all the Game you want.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry! I'm working on a follow up post that had my thoughts and responses to the Libertarian's post. Stay tuned!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete