Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Heart vs Head vs Body

Sunday night Landon wanted to see me. He wanted to watch a movie and snuggle on my couch. It was a little weird, though, because he texted me and we had this conversation:

"Hey so are you a fan of avoiding awkward situations? lol"
"Like what? haha"
"Like I don't want to look like an idiot so I ask you if you like spooning during a movie or napping. lol so that way I know whether or not to try lol"
"I'm not going to tell you what moves to make. Be spontaneous! :)
You won't look like an idiot"
"Haha alright. Good to know. I've looked like one before lol"
"We all have" 
"But you don't think I will tonight?"
"You'll just have to risk it ;)"
"And if I fall on my face..."
"You get right back up. Confidence is a good thing."

So yeah, that was a little weird. Right? I like a guy with confidence. I like a guy who can decide to make a move and then make a damn move! If I reject it, take the rejection like a man and move on and learn! All the same, I still let Landon come over and watch a movie with me. But there was no way I was going to allow myself to make a move. I want to be chased at least a little! Come on, Landon! Where are your balls???

Landon came over and we started the movie. For the first half we really didn't do much. Then he asked if he could play with my hair. No hesitation, I let my hair down and let him at it. Having my hair played with is one of my very favorite things in the world. It was so hard to not fall asleep with my head on Landon's lap...because it was just so nice! He was tracing his finger around my ear and then through my hair...it was nice. After a while, however, we switched places and Landon had his head on my knee while I ran my fingers through my hair.

Landon was not going to be watching the movie while I was playing with his hair. He was drifting in and out of snoozing, turning his head toward my hand...it was kind of cute to watch. Then I realized that he was definitely going to try and kiss me. I had to take a moment and decide what I was going to do. Let Landon kiss on the second date, or make him wait until we know each other better. You guys, this is a harder decision than it sounds.

My Head: Make him wait! Yeah, you can totally do that! Just turn your head or scoot away. You know how to avoid being kissed. You've got this, Leslie.
My Heart: Make him wait! You don't really know the guy yet. You're not even sure you like him like that! Yeah, definitely make him wait. That way it won't be such a blow if you decide you don't like him and you don't want to date him.
My Body: Ahh, what the heck. Kiss him! Kiss the crap out of him!

That being said, it won't come as a surprise to you when I admit that yes, I did kiss Landon. We made out on my couch. I can't say it was the best make out ever, but it was definitely a lot more enjoyable than making out with James.

Landon is the kind of guy who likes tongue and likes it a lot. Almost too much. Like he'd get my tongue in his mouth and bite down. It wasn't like a light nibble on the edge of my tongue, either, it was way far back and it was a hard bite! It hurt! I had to tell him multiple times that it hurt and I didn't like it. And you know what else? He likes ears. One of the first things he did, before even kissing my lips, was kissing my ear. He kissed it and then traced it with his tongue. Then he stuck it inside my ear. I'm sorry, but that is probably 10x worse than a wet willy. And it's DISGUSTING. Yeah, Landon, I'm not a fan of that.

Other than those two things, it was a pretty good make out. A little awkward when my roommates came home in the middle of it, but they already kind of knew that that was going to be happening. I had to kick him out when it got a little late and things were getting a little heavy. I sat up and told him to leave and he did. About half an hour later Landon sent me a text saying, "You're awesome. And that's not even because of tonight. You really are awesome."

Like always, I don't know what I'm doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment