Thursday, November 1, 2012

Halloweenie

I've heard it said that, "Halloween is the one night a year when girls can dress like a total slut and no other girls can say anything about it." (Mean Girls quote, in case you live on another planet and didn't pick up on that already.)  You'd think that attending an LDS school would limit the slutiness around Halloween, but noooo, no no no, certainly not.  This is the time of year that it's okay to dress like a common whore and get away with it.  


I went to a ward Halloween party where our bishop was hosting it and girls came in wearing tights with underwear over them, a corset, and a cape to pass off as "slutty superman" or something like that.  It was utterly appalling. Or maybe I'm just the girl who lacks the balls to wear such a thing to a ward function....haha, yeah right.  Totes inapro-pro (Thank you to my younger brother for sharing that phrase with me.  I love it and hate it.  Totes)

I realize that most of you come onto the blog just to read and lurk, but I'm really curious.  What was the most awful costume you saw last night, whether it be immodest, weird, poorly done, or scary?  
I stopped by the party on campus at the Hart because there was NOTHING else going on in town.  Seriously, Rexburg, what gives?  I know there was a boatload of dance parties last weekend, but what about Halloween night?  Last year it was on a school night as well, yet the town was hoppin!  What's the deal? Anyway, back to the Hart.  It was alright.  We had fun dancing up on each other, freaking out the Molly Mormon girls dancing near us.  If we aren't going to dress like sluts, we're at least going to dance like them.  


The night wasn't a total waste.  My roommates and I flirted with some random dudes who invited us into their apartment.  We watched a scary movie with some other guys.  It was fun!  I love Halloween.
But now that it's November...is it too early to hang mistletoe?


p.s. Does anyone know how to fix the text on this post?  Sometimes My posts randomly get highlighted in white and I don't know how to undo it.




3 comments:

  1. I heard about seriously, around ten girls dressing up as a loofa. At first I was like, 'haha, thats clever and random', but by the tenth I was like 'oh...okay, you too?'. I guess I just don't see the appeal of being a loofa for halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i totally know what you mean about the girls thinking they can throw their standards out the window. luckily i didn't see any skanky girls in costume here at BYU this year, but last year i went to this party where pretty much everyone (boys and girls) were half naked! totes inapro-pro. ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this one guy at the dance and he had one plastic glove going all the way up to his shoulder and i asked him what he was and he pointed to his shirt and said "unlicensed gynecologist. want an exam?" I wanted to puke!

    ReplyDelete