Thursday, November 29, 2012

I Love Those Days

Do you ever have those days that are, in actuality, just like any other day but something inside you is just bursting with happiness?  It's the kind of day that's kind of like this scene from 500 Days of Summer except that it's not set off by having sex with Zoey Dechanel or anyone, but rather you just wake up and everything seems to be right.  Everyone seems extra friendly and you seem to be unreasonably happy, like you might just burst into spontaneous song and dance in the middle of the crossroads and everyone around you will be dancing on the tables in color-coordinating outfits.

I had one of those days this week.  Sure, I'm hella stressed out about finals and all the stuff I haven't even started yet, but I just couldn't help but feel really awesome!  I was walking around campus and these guys would walk past me, smile and say, "Hey!  How are you?"  In a way it was a little jarring, since it breaks a social norm of keeping to yourself when you're out and about, but at the same time it was really nice to have people make that effort to smile and say hello.  It was really nice.

Then I went to work and it was like all of the attractive young men in this town decided to all come to my work that night.  There was even one moment when I was helping this guy (pretty cute guy) and he was totally flirting it up in an almost painfully obvious way and I let him walk out the door without getting too deep into conversation.  GAH!  What if he NEVER comes back in?  Bummer.  Could have been awesome.

Regardless of letting that guy walk away, it was a glorious day.  I was really happy.  I still feel it lingering.

Things are looking up.  

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure that I say hello to people even if it isn't a social norm. or at least nod when eye contact is made. Not that weird. also loved the clip. made my evening haha

    ReplyDelete