Monday, November 26, 2012

Weird Encounters of The Third Kind

Strange things happen to me.  Seriously, sometimes I take a step back and say. "Did that just happen?"

Last week I was sitting in the library trying to get a few things done before the break and I had the most random run in.  I was completely absorbed in this paper I was writing when I felt someone tap me on the shoulder.  I turned to see this guy that is routinely in the library when I am, though he's not someone I really paid too much attention to.  He looked a little familiar, but that's probably because he reminds me of my younger brother.

He said to me, "Are you [insert my real name here]?"  I'm pretty sure I just stared at him with my mouth open and this look of utter confusion on my face.  I nodded and kind of laughed.  "Yeah, I am.  Wha...who are you?"

His name is Marcus Farnsworth.  He served in the same mission as my older brother and apparently my brother shared pictures and stories with this guy (and others, but Marcus seems to remember a lot of details about me.)  He had recently gone to a mission reunion in Utah and had talked with my brother a bunch.  He told Marcus that I'm up here at school and Marcus finally put two and two together and recognized me, then felt the need to tell me.  We talked for a bit, he spewed quite a bit of knowledge about me and what I was doing two years ago while he and my brother were in the mission field.  He even sent me a letter once, but I only vaguely remember it.  

It got awkward and I didn't know what else to say, so I told him we should do something sometime.  We exchanged phone numbers and he eventually went back to his studying.  I immediately texted my brother and told him what happened.  He said, "Did he ask you out?  He's so weird."

Great.  I just gave my number to a weirdo.

Why didn't my brother have any cute, funny, flirty guys write me?

2 comments:

  1. Hahahahaha #awky Wonder how this will turn out...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your blog through twitter and I love it because I go to BYUI as well! Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete