Sunday, January 29, 2012

Rawr

There's a guy in my ward (not Will) who is super cute.  I hate to admit that I spent a long time this evening using whatever resources I had to find out his last name and, consequently, thoroughly Facebook stalk him.

Not only did I succeed in finding him, finding out that he has a girlfriend, but I also found out that he's eighteen.  He's not just a premie, he's a fresh out of high school premie.  Do I feel like a cougar?  Yes, I do.

I feel like guys have an easier time spotting their prey (indulge me here, I'm going with the whole 'cougar' thing) in the sense that a) They don't have to really even think about the mission thing because it's not required for girls, b) most freshmen girls are pretty easy to spot; if not by their youthful faces, then certainly by their immature attitudes c) boys don't really care, as long as she fun and pretty.  For girls, particularly "older" girls like me (clarification: older is not mid-twenties, it's early twenties.  At BYU-I do, that is considered old) , it's really hard to decipher how old a guy is.  It's a challenge (sometimes) to get them to mention something about their mission, which helps you gauge whether or not they're in the dateable zone.  If he doesn't mention it right off the bat, then he's either a premie or he's a little more humble than your typical, "When I was on my mission..." kind of guy.

Point is, I never know when a guy is a premie or an RM.

I'm not a cougar on purpose, it just happens.  He was too attractive.  And too young.

-facepalm-

1 comment:

  1. I know how you feel. There were a few boys in my ward last semester that definitely didn't look like they were 18-19 that I found attractive...then I felt super awkward when the bishop started announcing that they had just received mission calls. Whoops. Guess I should be more careful about who I set my eyes on haha.

    ReplyDelete