Thursday, May 16, 2013

One Year Later...

In my last post I asked if any of you remember Garrison. He's the guy I had a one night cuddle-fling with last Summer. Nothing really ever came to fruition with him, mostly due to the fact that he's a bit of an enigma. Also, Aaron popped up and was pretty willing to make out and I couldn't really say no. Sometimes a girl has to let something go in order to make out. Sorry, Garrison. You weren't putting out and Aaron was...


Fast forward twelve months and you have me attending a birthday party. Aaron is long gone, Garrison fell off the map after Spring 2012 and I haven't though of either of them in a pretty long time. In fact, I completely forgot about that night with Garrison. Anyway, I was at a birthday party talking with friends when in walked some guy I didn't know. My thought process went something a little like this:

"Who is that? Oh, I don't know him. Whatevs!
Dang, that guy is almost as tall as the doorway.
He's actually really handsome...
HEY, WAIT A SECOND! I know him!
Garrison!"

That all happened in about 3.6 seconds. I kind of got a little goofy and I poked Bethany to point Garrison out to her. Neither of us have seen him since last Spring and we had no idea he knew the birthday girl. The kid doesn't have a Facebook (What kind of person doesn't have a Facebook? How inconvenient) so we didn't keep tabs on him after the semester ended and we moved wards. But here he was, parading around the apartment like he owned the place. It took him a moment to realize he knew me, but after he realized that he stuck pretty close by. We ended up sitting on the lovesac together catching up. 

I forgot how flirty Garrison is. He was all about trying to tickle me, trying to get me to tickle him, and leaning his head up against my shoulder. I can't say I didn't mind it, but it was something I anticipated happening. I mean, c'mon. It has been about a year since I've seen him. But hey, if he wants to be flirty, I'm all for it. Show me what you've got, boy.

As the night was winding down Garrison got ready to head home. He made sure we still had each others numbers, which was good because I purged my phone at the beginning of the year and his number was among the ones I deleted, and then he left. We texted for a little bit that night, which was really nice. Sometimes it's just nice to talk with someone and to flirt a bit. 

I don't think there's much of a future with Garrison, especially since I'm leaving and he still has several years left at BYU-Idaho, but it could be nice to continue talking to him. He's pretty flirty, sooo... YOLO, right?


Just kidding, YOLO is dumb

No comments:

Post a Comment