Thursday, June 28, 2012

Summer Lovin'

It's about time for an update.

I've had an inner debate for a week now of whether or not I'm going to post this.  But then I remembered that this the exact type of thing I started this blog for, despite having met Aaron through this blog.  It's going to be hard to write and not censor myself on his behalf, but I think I'll be able to write what I need to effectively.

Last week I invited Aaron over to watch a movie.  I was bored and didn't have any homework, and yeah, I admit that I was a little lonely.  He consented and came over, movie in tow.  The whole time we were sitting on the couch watching this movie I kept thinking to myself, "Is it too soon for something to happen here?  He's sitting close.  I find him interesting.  I don't think I'd mind if something happened."  And then something happened.

We were sitting on the couch close to one another and his feet were up on the coffee table.  my knees were pulled up, but leaning on his legs.  Aaron draped his arm over my knees and started to trace his fingertips over my legs.  You know what I'm talking about, it's that light grazing that has the ability to send shivers down your spine, no matter where you're being touched.

My memories from then until the end of the movie are a little hazy.  I don't remember how much I responded to his move, I don't remember when I leaned towards him.  I do remember that when the movie ended, there was an awkward silence and then some small talk.  We noticed it was after curfew, but I made it clear to him that I had already decided to skip my class the next day so whether or not he was going to stay was up to him.  I clearly remember thinking to myself, "Leslie, you know that if Aaron decides to stay, you're going to end up kissing him.  You know it."  When he silenced his phone and ignored his roommate's inquiries of where he was, I knew what was going to happen.

We sat in silence on the couch for a bit before he leaned his head down, touching mine.  It would only take turning my head and closing in just a couple inches in order to kiss him.  I touched his neck and his face before I just went for it, planting one on him.  Looking back, I wonder if that might have been a fatal move, since that was only the second time I'd ever been with him in person and here I was, practically jumping him. I felt ridiculous, but successful.  He's a vigorous kisser and definitely one for snuggling.  There were times when we wouldn't even be kissing, we'd just sit there and hold each other, not saying anything.  I love that.  I love being able to just be close to someone.

I was as giddy as a sixteen year old when it was time for Aaron to leave.  He gathered his things and agreed we me that this was not that night he had in mind.  I kissed him goodbye and sent him out the door.  I went to bed that night with a stupid grin on my face.

I like Aaron.  I find him interesting and funny and different.  H'es very different than any other guy I've been involved with in the past.  I have my hesitations, particularly that I don't know him that well.  I know I jumped the gun in kissing him so early, that's completely my fault.  We haven't seen each other since then and I regret going so quickly.  What I need to do is dial it back and get to know him better before doing that again.

1 comment:

  1. You know the fact that he's different than any other guy is probably a reeeally good thing.

    ReplyDelete