Monday, April 8, 2013

Why I've Sworn Off Dating

Bad news for you guys: I've sworn off dating for the rest of my time at BYU-Idaho. I'll try and keep the blog lively, but I can't say I'm going to seek out dates or men to be interested in. "Why's that, Leslie?" You might ask. I'll tell you why.

I graduate in July. I am ONE semester away from being free from Rexburg. Don't get me wrong, I love Rexburg and BYU-Idaho, but after being here for as long as I have, I'm ready to leave this place. I'm ready to GTFO! I'm 23, okay? There are too many boys at this school who just want to play the field and not commit to anything real. Also, there are too many fresh off the mission RMs. And tools. And short dudes. The list goes on. Sorry if I offend, men, it's just what I've observed.

Besides, what happens if I start dating a guy at BYU-Idaho before July? I'll tell you what'll happen: We'll date. We'll fall in love. We'll get married and I'll be stuck in Rexburg FOREVER. Or just another year or two, but that's a year or two TOO LONG.

Can't do it. Nope.

Here's my game plan for the next semester: Flirt, date if asked out, live life to the fullest, maybe make out with someone if the opportunity presents itself and I'm feeling it. Goal for next semester: Don't fall in love. DO NOT FALL IN LOVE!

And you know what? I'M OKAY WITH MY COUCH AND NETFLIX

1 comment:

  1. Leslie... I have an idea about a blog post I want to do! Shoot me an email and I'll let you know what I was thinking and we'll see if you like the idea. :)
    my email is haileycram@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete