Sunday, April 7, 2013

Conference: My Thoughts

You know that moment during General Conference when the Spirit seems to be telling the speaker the exact words you need to hear?  For me, that moment came with pretty much ALL of President Uchtdorf's talk about the healing power of the light of Christ.

The past six months have been critical in my growth and development and, ultimately, my preparation for the rest of my life. I've experienced a myriad of trials, some of which were the darkest periods of my life. President Uchtdorf acknowledged that these times come into every life, as we're all here to experience mortality and part of mortality is darkness and trials. At one point in his talk he said that the light of Christ can penetrate any darkness. There is hope in any trial, in any depth of darkness, no matter how bleak things become.

President Uchtdorf's was the boost of hope that I needed. It was the reminder of God's love for his children, a reminder that we are not alone, a reminder that things get better if we turn to him, no matter where we are. His words resonate with me, filling my soul with light and hope and a reinvigorated desire to turn to him more often. It is so easy to feel bogged down by life and darkness. It is so easy to think pessimistically. Despite all of that, despite that it's so easy to be discourage, the light and truth of the Gospel is there. Christ wants to suround us in the hope of the Gospel. He wants to warm us with hope. He wants to invade our dark times with light that is undeniable, that will bring happiness, that will lighten our burdens.

Such a great talk. I can't wait until the transcript is online.

Also, just heard from Elder Holland. THAT.WAS.AWESOME.

I love this Church. I love my Savior. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment