Friday, August 2, 2013

Welcome to P-Town

It's official: I live in Provo.

Not gonna lie, I feel a little bit nervous about this move. I haven't moved into my apartment yet, that happens this weekend. I'm moving to a place where I know absolutely no one and I've never done that before. This is terrifying. Yet at the same time it's really exciting. I can't wait.

I feel as though I'm coming to Provo as a new person. I'm graduated and I'm endowed. There's been a big shift that's happened in my head, largely due to going to the temple. Things are going to be different from here on out. I mean, I'm still the same person and I have a lot of the same thoughts and attitudes, but there's something deep within me that I can't really explain. Maybe it's the adult in me starting to come to the surface? I don't know...it's different, though.

I'm excited for this new beginning. Nervous, but excited. I got a phone call just a few minutes ago from a guy I went to seminary with, but haven't really talked to since then (that was six years ago. SIX YEARS.) yet he called me up and talked about how I'm now in Provo and he's in Provo and "we should definitely chill" and I should hit him up. He's kind of a goof in the sense that he's all about swagger and rapping, yet he's suuuuper white. He's a nice guy, that Matt. I don't really think there's any hope for romance with him, but at least he's a friend I can spend time with!

Hooray for Provo living!

1 comment: