Friday, August 16, 2013

Chatterbox

Remember the guy from last Sunday who announced he was single and looking? He has decided that he and I are going to be the best of friends. His name is Mark. He's pretty cute. But you know what? Looks aren't everything.

Mark is a LOT to handle. Last Sunday we both went to ward prayer (which is interesting because, as it turns out, he isn't in my ward, he's just adopting it as his ward because he's bored and wants a change...uhhhh...okay?) and he was glued to my side. I admit that before that event I was a little bit excited to see him. That quickly changed when I realized that he's kind of odd. Don't get me wrong, I like odd people and I'm a little odd myself, but Mark is something else. He is CHATTY. He is a dude who likes to talk about himself nonstop. Not even interesting stuff, but tangents about stuff that is completely boring. Or personal. We just met, dude. Don't tell me all about your ex fiance and all your family baggage. Not diggin' it!

I gave him my phone number anyway. I was being nice and making new friends. Bad idea. That night he texted me six times when I was trying to go to bed. The next day he texted me immediately after I got off work. And he's been texting me novels ever since then. DUDE. STOP.

So yeah, totes not diggin' on this guy. He's a weirdo. A cute weirdo, but a weirdo all the same. I went on a walk with him this evening, despite being dead tired after work and being on my feet all day. During this walk he told me that on his free days he sits in his room and reads the Book of Mormon. His favorite music artists are John Schmidt, Michael Mclean, and Enya. He does impressions of Smeagol, Kermit the Frog, and Jim Carrey. He gave me a guilt trip for listening to music that has a few swear words or suggestive themes.  Same with movies. I felt kind of terrible...but mostly put off. It's not a bad thing to love the Gospel or to have standards about music and movies, but it seems a little fanatical to live like that. I guess it's to each his own!

Mark, you come on too strong. You talk too much about yourself and pay little to no interest in getting to know me. Ain't my type.

Provo: 1   Leslie: 0

No comments:

Post a Comment