Sunday, August 11, 2013

Sunday Gem

BYU Singles wards, they crack me up!

My first week in this ward I attended the last installment of the summer dating class. This week a new guy in the ward sat next to me in sacrament meeting, looked around briefly, leaned over and said, "There are so many gorgeous girls in this ward! I wonder which ones are single..." Then he looked at me, smiled and said, "Because I'm single and I'm looking!" And in that moment I knew I had something gold to write about.

Seriously, dude? I was a little bit speechless. I mean, what do you say to that? It wasn't like he was telling me that he was interested in me, but he certainly wasn't hiding his general intentions. And then during sacrament meeting he kept leaning over and making short comments to me, like telling me I have a lovely singing voice, or that before church he had told the girl who was speaking that he thought she was gorgeous and now he felt awkward. Uuuuhhh...what? If you're going to flirt with me, flirt with me! Don't tell me about other girls you flirt with!

After sacrament ended he told me he hoped to see me at ward prayer because I seem like a pretty cool girl. Ohhh boy.

And there you have it, the beginning of Sunday gems. I'm sure this is going to end up being a weekly thing.... :)

1 comment: