Sunday, March 4, 2012

Anonymous

In the wake of Elder Cook's CES fireside, I feel as though I ought to address his message of, "Don't Hide Behind a Mask."

This blog is anonymous.  I've changed names, places, ages, and even some details.  Very few of my friends know I keep this blog and even fewer know what it's called and read it regularly.  I don't want you, as my readers, to think that I'm using this as an outlet to slander or hide shameful things that I've done.  On the contrary, I'd like to use it as a way to connect with those of you who are also LDS college/high school students who are experiencing some of the same frustrations as I am.  I'm not ashamed of anything I've written here, I'm writing with honesty (small details aside) to be more open than I'd be able to be if it were something with my real name on it.

Some of you might look at what I've written about Bianca and say, "What about her?"  I do love Bianca.  I wish her all the happiness that this life can provide, but I don't agree with the way she goes about her daily life.  I don't intend to make her out to be an awful, awful person.  She's someone who's hard to live with, hard to compete with when it comes to guys, that's all.

I hope you don't think I'm using the anonymity of this blog to portray myself as someone who I'm not.  This blog is more me than any other blog I've ever kept.  So while I share these lame stories of lame guy, like Wade and Eli (who's completely fallen off the face of the planet), please keep in mind that I do have a testimony and it is a strong one.

Jesus is my Savior.  Simple as that.


1 comment: