Thursday, February 21, 2013

A bunch of ish

When you're into someone, all you want to do is talk to them, see them, kiss them, hug them, talk to them. You do crazy things like staying up until 4am to text them, make an effort to see them at any time possible. You blow off that 5 page paper you have due the next day until 12AM because you want to spend as much time as you can. That's what you do when someone is on your mind and you can't get it off them. 

Kirk doesn't do this. For a week or so he put forth an effort, he texted me all the time, he sent me flirty pictures, he tried to see me. And then he didn't. He stopped responding to texts, he became virtually unreachable. For the weekend while he was gone I allowed it, I justified that he was busy with family. He came back and told me the next day that it had been a rough weekend, which I understand. He's got some big things happening in his family that I can sympathize with. However, I have things happening, too.

On Monday night my Dad called me and told me he's considering getting remarried (long story) and it's to someone completely unexpected. I'm not sure how to take the news, I'm confused, I'm sad, I'm happy, I'm overwhelmed with all these different feelings. Kirk's been through a similar situation while he was a teenager and I went to him for advice. However, I requested that we speak in person. I don't want to talk about serious things over text. Texting is a handicap and I just DON'T want to talk about this over text. Understandable, right? 

Apparently not for Kirk. "What's up?" He asked me. "I don't want to talk about it over text. Can we talk after your class tonight?"  No response. The next morning I tried to start a conversation, no response. That night I asked him what was wrong. No reponse.  

You know what? I'm not going to do this again. I'm not going to sit around being miserable while waiting for Kirk to take his sweet time being 'busy' and 'stressed' and 'confused'. That's not how someone who wants a second chance acts. That's not something I'm going to put up with. I deleted his number, I cried a little (honestly, I'm so tired of being so emotional and crying all the time), I read my patriarchal blessing, and I prayed really, really hard. And then I felt better. I've been in a great mood all day today and I feel spectacular.



6 comments:

  1. ouch, that's harsh - on his part. At least you're in a good mood now. also, that meme, it's pretty funny

    ReplyDelete
  2. He does not deserve you, Leslie. Remember that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I don't mean any offense by this, I just want to offer a piece of advice. It seems from reading your blog that you easily freak out when someone doesn't text you back immediately. Not everyone always has their phone on them, or sometimes they may forget to text back. I understand if you're the type of person who always has their phone on them it can be really frustrating to not get a text back, but maybe Kirk is feeling overwhelmed when he receives a bunch of text messages from you, so he doesn't know what to say. I'm not constantly on my phone, and if I left it at my room while I went to classes and had 15 messages from the same guy when I got back home then I don't think I'd know what to do. My piece of advice to you is to just relax a little bit and don't go crazy over the whole Kirk situation, if things constantly keep not working out then it's not meant to be, but if you guys can make it work then that's great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the advice. I admit it: I do tend to freak out really quickly. I could go on and defend myself, but I don't really see the point when I know it won't work with Kirk. I haven't talked to him in a week and he's made no effort to talk to me. I don't want that. I don't want someone who only texts me when he wants to talk about kissing me or what it was like when we went on dates. I want someone to talk to about everything

      Delete
    2. It's good that you know what you want :) Don't let him use you by just texting you for kisses or reminiscing about good times if you know it won't work out. I say move on and find someone who you feel comfortable talking to about anything and everything and they feel the same about you. Good luck with your search for a guy! I know how frustrating it can be

      Delete
    3. :) Thank you!
      I hope to find someone who doesn't encourage the crazy. Haha, but seriously, I know I need to get a hold of myself. I'm working on it!

      Delete