Monday, July 30, 2012

California Romance

I've been home for a little over a week and thus far Kirk and I have been able to get together a couple times to do things.  It's been pretty lowkey, going to the movies and grabbing a bite to eat.  It's been so much like a dream, I'm still trying to accept what's going on as reality.

On our second date, our first after the semester ended, we went and got dinner in LA followed by ice cream.  He's really easy to talk to and the more time I spend with him, the most I come to appreciate his humor and really gentle demeanor. Everything about him is adorable.  I went home with this goofy grin on my face and it stuck around all day.

The third time we saw each other we went out to a movie.  He picked me up and away we went.  During the movie I kept waiting for him to hold my hand.  We were both doing the sort of awkward my-hand-is-totally-available thing on our legs, but I've decided that this thing with the Cap'n?  Yeah, he's taking the lead. I did not want to be the one to hold his hand first.  I kind of fail at that, though, so I grabbed his hand during a tense moment in the movie (Batman, by the way.  So good.)  He gripped my hands with both of his and held it to his chest the rest of the movie.  He rubbed his thumb over mine and it was so perfect.  After the movie was over we spent the whole drive back to my place talking about the movie and what we liked about it.  When we got back to my house, we sat on the couch for a bit and watched an episode of Parks and Rec (hilarious show.  I love Amy Poehler.)  When it was finally super late and time for Kirk to head home, he sat forward on the couch and looked back at me.

There are a split second when he was looking at me when my mind went crazy saying, "Is he going to do it?  Is Kirk going to kiss me?"  Then he glanced at my lips and started leaning in.  I can't even explain the explosion in my head.  It was something like, "AAHHH, He's going to kiss meeeee!!!!"  And what a perfect kiss it was.  It was slow and gentle, but long and just...perfect.  I haven't been kissed like that in a long time, if ever.

There are people who kiss just to kiss, where the first kiss is rushed in order to get to making out.  While it's fun, it lacks the emotion that creates a real connection between two people.  Then there are people like Kirk who kiss to express something.  He kissed me like I was a woman, something to be woo'd and drawn in.  Something delicate and precious.  I swear, I saw fireworks.

Kirk is something real.  He's genuine and handsome and kind.  He's funny and mellow.  I think I'm really falling for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment