Wednesday, February 25, 2015

In the Office

You know how sometimes you get into a relationship where you feel like you have to continually impress your significant other in order to keep him or her interested? I certainly do. I've been there numerous times and it's completely exhausting. Colton is NOT that guy. He makes it really easy to be me while he is him. We just kind of mesh really, really well.

The other day I had an over abundance of soup (don't ask, it just happens and I know Colton loves soup (and Macaroni and Cheese and PB&J sandwiches) so I told him I'd bring him some. He told me to bring it by his office, which ended up with us spending his last hour of work sitting in office chairs, talking about whatever. I met his coworker and got a feel for what he does all day. You guys, if I worked in an office at a cubicle, I would kill myself. I couldn't do it. So much boredom! But that's beside the point.

After an hour, it was the end of Colton's work day. His coworker took off and I helped him lock up. At one point he stuck his head out a door and looked around quickly before closing it and turning to me with a huge grin. "Hey, do you want to make out in my boss's office for a minute?" I dropped my purse so fast! We didn't do anything crazy, like sit on his boss's chair or desk, we mostly just stood in the office and kissed for a few minutes. But it was still awesome and fun and spontaneous.

This is what life with Colton is like. It's fun and not complicated and real. The best thing about this relationship is that it's real. We're honest with each other and we just mesh. Ugh. This is the life.

No comments:

Post a Comment