Sunday, April 27, 2014

Pouring Pt 2

I have that whole confusing thing with Ethan going on now, right? I don't really want to DTR with him because I don't want him to say we're exclusive, but at the same time I'm 99% sure he wouldn't say that because that's not really who he is. So we're pseudo dating and since it's only pseudo, I'm not going to stop flirting and going on dates.

A couple weeks ago I was asked out by two different guys online. On paper, both of them sounded great. We carried on great conversation via message with one and on the phone with the other. All of the sudden it felt like I was doing the right thing by looking around online.

Guy #1 was the one who wanted to call me and we enjoyed a really great conversation. He was funny and a little weird and we had so much in common. He asked if he could take me out to lunch the following week and I consented, though I was bummed that it wasn't for another couple days.

Guy #2 asked me out for that week as well, for lunch the day after Guy #1. It was going to be a busy week! When Tuesday arrived I went into work early to make sure I'd be done on time for my date with guy #1. When I got home I texted him to ask if we were still on and he informed me that he had a last minute rehearsal for a theater group he's in and he couldn't go. We rescheduled for the following week and, in my disappointment, I resigned myself to bed for a long nap.

Yeah, we never went out. He told me the following week, only momentarily before our date, that he started dating someone else. He went on and on about how it happened and how he was sorry he didn't tell me sooner and that I'm awesome. Whatever, he should have cancelled as soon as he realized he wanted to date this other girl. Getting told after a guy asks me out that he's dating someone else is getting REALLY old. What happened to common courtesy?

Guy #2 and I went out for lunch and we had a good time! We talked a lot about him, which was a little bit of a sign that he wasn't digging me that much, but it was still good conversation. But there came a point when I knew it wasn't going to last: his favorite movie is Spiderman 2, with Toby McGuire. Out of ALL the movies in the world, he chose that one. Yeah, it was never going to work. Lunch was good and when I sent the post date text thanking him again, telling him I had a good time, he said "I'm glad you had a good time." Apparently he didn't have a good time. Boo.

So even though those two dates flopped and I'm floating in dating limbo with Ethan, it was still an upswing and I've been enjoying life a little more. I nerded out that weekend and went to ComicCon with my good friend. I might have met someone at ComicCon...

To Be Continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment