Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Pouring Pt 1

I feel as though everything happens all at once and then I go through a slump where nothing happens for months until the next "when it rains, it pours" period. Right now it's pouring.

First of all, Ethan and I have been spending an increasing amount of time together. I haven't gotten the guts to friendzone him yet. In fact, I've done the opposite. We watched a movie earlier this week together and he got all comfy, resting his hand on my leg, pulling me in close to him (but still not being overtly cuddly, because he's not really a touchy guy.) We watched the movie and then started watching a few episodes of a TV show. Part of the way through it we kissed. It was kind of cute because after the first kiss he was grinning really big, like he had just gotten an awesome surprise.

While that was really cute, it really just complicated the situation. I really, really enjoy spending time with Ethan. Half the time we text, we're arguing about things we don't agree on (like what concerts are worth going to) but after things get heated, he always texts me hours later with a sweet, flirty change of subject to soften my irritation. He's relaxed and respects my time alone and that is something I really, really appreciate.

But now what am I supposed to do? I feel as though I should tell him I just want to be friends, but things are really comfortable and I kind of just want to let things play out. I mean, I know I don't want to date him exclusively so maybe I can just stay dating him casually, at least for a little while.

Let's face it, sometimes you really just need to be held by someone.

1 comment:

  1. Aw Leslie I'm sorry! Your guy is out there! You'll find him!

    ReplyDelete