Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Adult Things

I'll tell you this: once you become an adult and you have to start being responsible for things you didn't think about before (like insurance, gas bills, and getting enough sleep to function), life becomes pretty hectic. I feel like I've been going around in this circle of go to work, get obligations taken care of, get in bed early, repeat. I'm EXHAUSTED.

I've been in the process of moving, which is always a pain. There's the packing, the cleaning, the throwing things away, the selling of contracts, the apartment hunting...all this is on top of still keeping up the adult schedule of working and being responsible. BUT I'm aaaaalmost done. After next week I'll be all moved into my very own apartment. No roommates, no college apartment complex...all that craziness is going to be a thing of the past. I can't tell you just how excited I am.

I'm also excited to be able to make my own rules when it comes to having guys over at the apartment. Sure, I haven't had any big issues and I'm not really opposed to BYU's honor code rules, but it's still nice to not feel like a child. I'm a twenty five year old woman. I think I can make the decision of whether or not I have a guy in my room or  over past midnight.

So I might end up having a sleepover with a guy, but that doesn't mean I'm going to end up having sex or being wildly inappropriate. No, I think I can handle myself. For a while there I don't think living alone would have been the best thing for me, on account of the increasing amount of gentlemen callers and rather high libido...it's all good now, though! I've had my wild "makeout with every guy in Provo" stint. I can keep it in my pants and maintain my boundaries.

So the big move happens soon. I'll officially be an adult who does adult things. My dad hopes the next adult thing I do is get married, but seeing as my track record on the search for marital bliss has been less than stellar, I'll probably just end up adopting first. A cat, that is. ;)

The next time I post, it'll be from my new sanctuary. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Just found your blog by chance. You are a very talented writer and I've had a lot of fun reading your stories. Our lives are so similar!

    ReplyDelete