Thursday, May 29, 2014

Pouring Pt 3

It's really easy to fall into a routine of not blogging. Consequently I've fallen behind in my stories and I have some things to catch you up on, but it's so exhausting to write it all out and cover territory that is now old news to me. So let's cover some ground quickly...

I met a guy at Comicon who got my phone number and we texted for a bit and he came to my birthday dinner, but nothing ever came of it and I think he just likes to flirt. I was excited about him for a little bit, but the spark faded quickly. Bummer, right? Oh well, life moves on.

I've moved out of my old apartment and into my own place. While I enjoyed my time in my old apartment, I'm really happy to be living alone. Some people do better with roommates, I'm just not one of them. I thrive in my own space. Now I have a whole apartment that is my space (see what I did there?). It's glorious. Yay for being an adult!

A little over a week ago I went to dinner with a guy I met on the LDS dating site. His name is Elliot and he is super smart, but not in an intimidating way. He's relaxed and open and friendly. I had a really good time on the date and he seemed to have a good time, too. During our conversation we ended up touching on some pretty sensitive subjects for me and him as well, all just personal matters, and it was nice to talk to someone who listened and had a kind, intelligent, spiritual response. Elliot is the kind of guy who makes me want to be a better person. He doesn't watch R rated movies, but he's not a total Peter Priesthood. 

Will I see Elliot again? I hope so. We talked about different things we want to do to work out and he mentioned that it would be fun to do something together. I suggested we do insanity and he was all "I'm game" but I wasn't serious. I've got some work to do before I hit up insanity. But hey, it's a good sign that he wants to do something with me! 

It feels like summertime and it feels like I'm getting my ducks in a row. Good things are going to happen this summer, just you wait.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. New reader here! I am absolutely in love with this blog!! i feel like i connect to so much of what you say. I will definitely continue following you and your adventures! Thanks Leslie! :)

    ReplyDelete