Sunday, March 16, 2014

Getting Out of the Winter Funk

I keep saying that I'm going to write an update, yet I can't get myself to sit down and write anything. What happened with Derek? What am I doing with my dating life? Why did I disappear when I was looking forward to finally writing about this guy I was falling for?

Well, to answer those questions shortly, Derek didn't come visit. His flight fell through last minute and he opted to stay home visiting with family. I was pretty upset. I kind of shut myself up for a couple weeks in order to figure things out. My heart and my head were both very confused. I wanted so badly to have things with Derek work out, but instead it slipped right through my fingers. I was upset, Derek was bothered that I was so upset, and we both let it escalate. Then we stopped talking. It's been weeks and we're only just getting back into talking with one another often. I'm not sure if anything will ever happen, but I'm just letting things be. It's too much for my heart to handle if I'm pressuring Derek for more than he can give.

I'm sad I didn't get to see him, but that's how life goes: not how you plan.

What's going on with me now? A lot of work, which is part of the reason I haven't written in so long. I went on a few dates with a guy who goes to BYUI who I met in the grocery store in Orem, but I can't see anything going anywhere with him.

I set up an account with an LDS dating site because I know a few people who are either dating or engaged to guys they met on there. Can't hurt to try, right? I have my first date from that site this coming Tuesday. His name is Dale and he likes a ton of the same books/movies/music that I do. He's very interesting to talk to and he told me that he was talking to a few other girls on the site, but he has found himself only coming on to check for messages from me. I'm interested to see how the date goes. It could be really fun!

I met a guy this week from my complex while I was hot tubbing. He's really cool! His name is Trevor and he promised to help me get back into the long boarding scene. We exchanged numbers and we texted quite a bit over the weekend.

There you go! Things with Derek were a downer, but all around, things aren't bad. I've just found myself in a rut where I can't seem to motivate myself to blog. I'm going to try and turn that around and blog more! Thanks for not giving up on me.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry things didn't work out with Derek. I am really glad you're back though! I missed your posts.

    ReplyDelete