Monday, March 17, 2014

What The Hell!

Here's what I don't get: Why ask a girl on a date when you know you're going to cancel it anyway?

Dale said multiple times last week through messages that he wanted to take me out on a date. We talked about our schedules and decided that Tuesday would be the best night to get together. On Saturday he finalized plans with me and we were good to go. However, today he sent me a message saying this:

I hate to do this, but I'm going to have to cancel our date. It looks likely that I'm going to be dating someone else, and I didn't want to start something with you that couldn't go anywhere. But you're freaking awesome. Nice to talk to you.

What the hell! How on earth do you go from planning a date with me on Saturday to "likely dating someone else" on Monday? How the HELL does that happen? I mean, I haven't been out on a date with this guy, so I'm not really invested in him, but really? I think I deserve better than that. Yeah, it's nice that he told me, but it still sucks, especially because he isn't even dating anyone, he's only "likely" to be dating someone. What if it doesn't work with that girl and he comes back asking to take me on a date? I'm not going to settle for being second choice. Hell no.

Anyway, there's my rant for the day.

1 comment:

  1. girl I feel you. went on a date thursday. he made plans for saturday with me cancelled 12 am on saturday. aight cool

    ReplyDelete