Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Taking His Time

Finally I go on a Tinder date with a guy who isn't trying to get in my pants and then he tells me he's not active and hasn't been active since he was a young teenager. It's like the universe is against me meeting a quality man!

I woke up from an afternoon nap on Saturday to a message on Tinder from a guy I haven't spoken to in a few weeks. He asked if I wanted to go ice skating that night. I figured I didn't have anything going on and it could be fun, so I went and met him at the ice rink. We skated for a few hours and had a really good time! He was interesting and he didn't really put up any fronts. Whatever he wanted to say, he said it. He wasn't rude about anything, but he was open about things that normally wouldn't be talked about on a first date.

Ice skating is one of those dates where you expect that he'll try and hold your hands and help you around the ice, right? Maybe it was just that he plays ice hockey and I'm pretty sufficient at ice skating so I didn't need help and he respected that. He even told me that he's not a super touchy feely person and he's not the kind of guy who wants to jump right into a relationship. It was refreshing to hear that and to see it in action.

He asked to get together again, so last night he came over and watched a movie with me. Again, he didn't try anything. We sat next to each other on the couch and we weren't miles apart, but he wasn't trying to get up in my business. It would be really nice is more guys would follow suit and take their time in getting to know a girl before jumping into the physical side of a relationship!

I'm not going to pursue a relationship with this guy because we talked about religion and he's a little too set in his way of not believing, but I certainly could be friends with him.

Why can't more guys be like that? Why skip the courting part of a relationship and jump right into the physical?

No comments:

Post a Comment