Friday, January 18, 2013

Guest Post 1.0: Bethany takes the stage

I've mentioned my roommate Bethany in the past.  She's my partner in crime, my confidant, and overall a very dear friend. So dear, in fact, that I told her about the blog and let her read it. This was some time ago and ever since I started toying with the idea of having guest posts, I've been encouraging her to write something to share. After some time and consideration, she has finally presented me with a blogpost.  
I couldn't be more excited for this. 
Ladies and Gents, the first guest blogpost from Beth!
-Leslie

Carly Rae Jepsen’s music is everything that is both right and wrong with love in the world today. But I’ll get back to that statement.

A little over a week ago, I saw this guy, Drew, that I was in the same ward with last semester. I never really noticed him, but when I saw him a week ago, I couldn’t stop sneaking peeks at him. He looked so adorable! Then, this past weekend, we were invited to a little, shall we say, get-together at their apartment, and I’m all, “Uh yes, is that a question, yes.” So we went.

Let me just give you a little glimpse of my mind during this shindig:

Oh, hey, I already know your name, but let’s introduce ourselves.

Is it weird how much I know about you? I’ve already creeped on your facebook.

Sitting across the room, I can deal with that. At least it’s easier to creep on him.

Look at those eyes, gorgeous.

Look at those lips, mm!

He was just looking at me.

Woops, eye contact for like the fourth time.

The next day, my awesome roommate, the lovely Leslie, was talking to Drew’s roommate. She comes into the house, and with a smug smirk, says, “Someone in that apartment thinks you’re really pretty.” Instead of asking who, I just smile really big in an excited, anticipatory kind of way. “And it’s Drew,” she finishes. I literally did a little dance. Literally. Leslie can tell you that I did.

Here is when Carly Rae Jepsen comes back into the picture. Listen to any of her songs and you would think it was another young Taylor Swift, writing songs about being in high school and having a crush on the cute guy and whispering about it with your friends. But people, she’s 27! Isn’t that a little old to be singing songs that sound like high schoolers?

But then, on the other hand, I’m in my early twenties, and I danced around when I heard that a guy I think is cute might be interested in me. And that’s what I mean. Maybe she’s just being honest instead of immature.

Or maybe she’s immature. Maybe I’m immature. I do dance around my house, speak in random accents and voices on a regular basis, and know people better from their facebook pages than actually talking to them. But hey, young and wild and free, right?


1 comment:

  1. Just found this blog. Very fun to read and interesting! I am the Devils advocate when I say we could have some fun... :)

    ReplyDelete