Monday, January 27, 2014

Terrified

It's hard to say that things with Derek are progressing because we're so far apart, but I definitely can't say that they're staying the same.  This week we tried out FaceTime for the first time and I have no complaints other than it was over too soon.

When my phone started ringing there was a split second when I thought, "What if Derek has a voice that I can't stand?? That's going to be a deal breaker for me. Ahhh!!!" Then I answered the phone and was pleasantly greeted by a scruffy Derek with a perfect voice. I was so relieved. He and I talked for about half an hour and he introduced me to his sister and brother in law.  It was a little awkward talking through that medium, but it was nice to see him while we talked.

I'm trying not to get ahead of myself, since so much can go wrong with this, but I really enjoy everything about Derek. The conversation flows so incredibly well. I was talking with one of my roommates about him and I told her how I don't want to say anything about love yet since it's so soon and he and I haven't met face to face and she said, "I don't think you need to say anything about it; it's all over your face and how you talk about him."

I'm freaking terrified.

No comments:

Post a Comment