Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Ringing In 2014

So I said I was going to go out with a bang and, Ladies and Gentlemen, I’m happy to say that I did. At first I was afraid I wouldn’t actually go out and do anything for New Year’s because my roommate texted me saying she was feeling pretty tired and sore, so she wanted to stay home and go to bed early instead. I practically had to beg her to come out and party with me because there was NO WAY I was spending my New Year’s Eve sitting at home alone. I told her our party options (The Madison, Newphoria at UVU, and the Gatsby party at the Riverwoods) and she wanted to go to the Madison. I have had a lot of fun when we’ve gone out there before, but I wasn’t really feeling it this week. It’s a club and it tends to attract the drunk creeper type of person. The party at UVU was going to be bigger and with the more college-y crowd I wanted to spend the night with.

She gave in and we got all dressed up to go party it up on the last day of 2013. While we were getting ready, I was bouncing off the walls hyper and excited. I knew I looked hot and I was stoked about going to this party to show off and dance and probably kiss a stranger. The two of us, along with another friend, headed out to UVU and we weren’t disappointed. The place is big, so it holds a lot of people without getting overly crowded or overheated. Jef Holm of The Bachelorette fame was there and that was a bit of a plus. I kind of have a huge crush on him. I did not, however, fork out $40 to participate in the meet-and-greet. Celebrities are cool and all, but it’s not worth it to spend that much money on getting my photo with someone famous…even if it is Jef Holm.

We danced and jumped around and had a great time. After all the dance parties I went to in Rexburg, I was pleasantly surprised by the lack of guys grinding up on me. Don’t get me wrong, I dig the occasional dirty dancing with a random guy at a dance, but in Rexburg it seems to be a little over the top. At this dance, though, it was just the right amount of bump and grind, yet also just dancing around with your friends. It didn’t really hurt that there was an overabundance of really attractive guys there. Not a ton of girls. I’m not really sure why the ladies weren’t representing as well as they could have been…but whatevs, MORE GUYS FOR ME! I’m greedy.

About twenty minutes or so before midnight this really hot blond guy started dancing around behind me. I felt pretty outgoing and flirty, so I backed up against him and started dancing with him. A minute or so later we were dancing together and just having a blast. H wasn’t one of those super pushy guys, so he wasn’t getting very handsy, which I appreciated. He’d put his hand on my hip or on my arm for just a few seconds before letting go. I kept thinking to myself, “This timing could not be better. I’m probably going to kiss this guy at midnight” And kiss at midnight we did! We stopped dancing for the countdown and then he turned me to face him and he went in for the kill.

My mystery New Year’s guy wasn’t a great kisser, he used way too much tongue, but it was still fun! We stood there in the middle of the dance floor sucking face for the first several minutes of 2014. Confetti and balloons fell all around us, but we didn’t notice. Some guy shoved us and yelled, “GET SOME!!!!” but we kept making out. Um….this guy was cut. Great muscles. At the end of the night the girls I went with had each kissed three guys, but I just kissed my NYMM (New Year’s Mystery Man.) But despite only having kissed one guy, we all agreed that I won the stranger kissing contest. One of the girls only kissed creepers, which, if you ask me, is kind of dumb. If the guy is a creeper, why are you dancing with him and why the hell are you kissing him? There were so many cute guys at that party! Pick someone else! Anyway…the other girl didn’t even look at the guys she kissed she just grabbed them and kissed them. Not only was I the only one to get kissed right at midnight, but he was hot and we didn’t just kiss for a minute, we danced for a good hour or so and made out half of the time. Yeah, I realize that was a pretty slutty thing to do, but I don’t really care. Sometimes I do slutty things. You’re jealous.

I never did get NYMM’s name. After a while he grabbed me and we kissed again and he said, “You’ve worn me out!” I laughed and wished him a happy new year and then he went off on his way. I’ve thought a few times that I should have gotten his name and number, but I think that would take away from the spontaneity of the encounter. I needed to get out and do something crazy, so I did. I have no regrets.


Happy New Year, dear followers!

No comments:

Post a Comment