Sunday, January 5, 2014

Dating Resolutions

I figured since my list of personal New Year's resolutions mostly consists of not drinking soda and taking more naps, I need to make a separate list of resolutions that are going to help me be a better dater. I mean, I'm a pretty good dater, but not a very successful one. It's 2014 and I'm still single. What gives, Universe?

Dating Resolutions

  • Get out of the apartment more
 This will be accomplished by enrolling in institute classes, going to parties, and attending every ward function that is announced. This could also mean inviting my coworkers/classmates/people in my ward to go do things with me. Movies? Gym? Dinner? Bowling? Yeah! Let's get out! This leads me right into my next goal...

  • Meet more guys in person
Yeah, online dating and Tinder are really convenient for someone like me who is a little shy in person and doesn't have a lot of opportunity to meet people in person. But I need to make more of an effort to meet guys in real life and to stun them with my humor, my passion, and my mind. I think I've been hiding behind the fact that I don't interact with a lot of people outside of my apartment and work because I'm a little bit scared of putting myself out there in a face-to-face situation. It's scary!

  • No first date kissing
I'm the worst at following through on this. I like kissing and I'm not really opposed to kissing on the first date. Sometimes it's the thing that helps me decide whether or not I'm  really into a guy. Sometimes I recognize that it's just going to be a one night thing and I want to get a NCMO in before it's over. And, yeah, sometimes I just feel a little slutty. I don't think that's what I should be doing, though. I need to make the commitment to myself to wait it out and let the emotional side of things develop quicker than the physical side.

  • Stop relying on myself so much
Here's something I know: When you put your trust in the Lord, listen to the Spirit, and follow his promptings, things go right and you end up happy. I figure if I stop trying to find myself my happily ever after and I stop constantly being on the lookout for Mr Right, then I'll have more time to focus on the other things in my life that I have to enjoy and improve and the Lord can spend more time preparing Mr Right to cross my path. I don't think I need to be on edge waiting for him when I could be busy enjoying life. I'll recognize him when he comes around.


2014 has a lot of potential to be the best year yet. I'm a college graduate, I have an awesome job, I'm smart, I'm pretty, I'm spiritual, and I'm kind of hilarious. There's nothing stopping me from making this a great year. Bring it.

No comments:

Post a Comment