Friday, March 8, 2013

Gut Move

I follow my gut. 

Sometimes my gut is wrong, like with Kirk asking for a second chance. Sometimes my gut is right, like with Hunter and him being the mayor of sketch city. Maybe that's my weakness, wanting to believe the best in people, going with my gut instinct on whether or not I should trust something. This doesn't just relate to dating or friends, either, it's with everything I do. When I sit down to write a paper, take a test, plan a trip, decide what to do for the day...all of it is based of what sparks my interest, seems right, feels like it deserves a chance. 

I take into account what I know, what I want, what could happen. Sometimes I feel wreckless making the decisions I make, sometimes I feel confident and invincible. All the same, it's how I choose to live. I know I ask questions to see what ya'lls opinion is on different things and I appreciate the feedback, but I have to say, I don't really appreciate criticism or making jabs at me because I haven't followed your advice.

While I write a lot of things that happen, not always do I include all the details or my entire thought process. This blog is a way that I can vent, share, and sort out my thoughts. It's something that I've grown to appreciate and it's helped me make a few really good friendships. While I value the anonymity I have, it's not the most important thing about this blog. This blog allows me to be me. A lot of you who read this think Leslie is my real name and no one judges, which means it wouldn't make much of a difference if I used my real name or not, except that if an ex boyfriend stumbled across the blog he might not be too thrilled. 

The point is, I want to keep writing. I want to be able to make decisions, to meet people, to cultivate friendships and maybe be able to help out a few people along the way. I want to receive advice, but not criticism or rudeness. C'mon, people. Don't make me regret my life with you.

I follow my gut. It's helped me become who I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment