Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Date with a Commenter

Michael warned me that it would be cold on our date. I made sure to wear my heavy coat, boots, and thick socks. Even all bundled up, I was still cold. We went out to Beaver Dick to have a bonfire with three other couples and man it was chilly out there. The place was one giant trap of muddy, freezing cold puddles.

Upon discovering that the guys neglected to bring skewers, we all went on a hunt for sticks that were good enough to be used as skewers for hot dogs and marshmallows. I've got to admit, it was a bit of an adventure hiking around on the rocks, trying to reach a decent branch of a tree. Eventually we found a couple good ones and we headed back to the fire to roast things.

Most of the night was spent listening to the guys chat and make jokes while the girls sat back and listened. There were moments when the guys took some time to talk to their dates and Mike and I got to know each other a bit. In some ways I'm glad it was a group dates, in some ways I wish it had been a single date so we could have spent more time talking to each other rather than being an outside observer.

The date ended with hot chocolate from Maverick's and Pitch Perfect at Mike's apartment. I think we were the only couple that wasn't snuggling by the end of the movie. Nothing wrong with that, it was our first date and we hadn't met each other before then, but being the only people surrounded by snuggly couples is a little bit awkward. Whatevs, we survived the night. On the way home we drove through the temple parking lot and went spot lighting. I'd never done that before, but it was fun in that moment. What is spot lighting, you ask? You drive around and find parked cars with couples in them making out, pull up close to them with your head lights on them. It's obnoxious when you're the one making out in the car, but it's pretty fun when you're with friends making things awkward for the couples.

Overall it was a fun date. I don't think anything will come of it, but it was still nice to get out with people and do something fun. Bonus: Mike is pretty dang funny. I laughed a lot that night.

No comments:

Post a Comment