Monday, August 27, 2012

The List

I made a list the other day of things I love about Kirk.  It started just because I was trying to see how well I know him and what kinds of things attract me to him but then it ended up being pages in my journal of silly things, like the way his hand fits in mine.  Okay, it wasn't just silly things, there were serious things, but it ended up being a lot more than I initially thought.

Kirk and I've been talking a bit over the last couple days about our relationship.  He apologized for being kind of MIA this past week and I apologized for letting crazy get the better of me a couple of times.  While we were talking we both brought up that we think we're a little too into the physical aspect of the relationship and we need to take some time to allow the emotional side to develop more.

While I feel like there's been a bit of a disconnect between myself and Kirk this week, I also think that we've had a breakthrough.  We were both feeling the same thing, but we didn't bring it up until it was something that had been seriously weighing on both of our minds.  And he's right, we have been very physical, spending a lot of time kissing and cuddling, but now we've transitioned into spending more time talking and learning more about one another.

The list I made about Kirk solidifies any doubt I may have had about the depth of our relationship.  I know plenty about him and I really admire the type of man he is.  I won't take back what I said before about him being the kind of man I want to marry.  Kirk is fantastic.

I am so caught up in everything that is him.  He might very well be the best thing to happen to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment