Wednesday, August 29, 2012

A Kiss is A Kiss is A Kiss

What makes someone a good kisser?

I've heard several friends ask this question.  The skill level of a kisser is hard to gauge because so much of kissing is personal preference.  I'm not one of them, but some people like super sloppy, wet kisses, while some prefer really slow, controlled, simple ones.  There can be too much tongue, there can be absolutely no tongue.  The wide variety of different types of kissing makes this a very hard question to answer.  But since this is my blog, we're going by my opinion.

One of the basic rules of Good Kissing in Leslie's book is the ability to read your partner's actions to determine their style of kissing.  When you're kissing someone new, there's a bit of an awkward period where you don't know exactly what they like in a kiss, so you throw in a combination of things you've learned in the past and things you know you enjoy.  If you don't take note of the things your partner does in the beginning stages, you could find yourself with an awkward make out.  It's a give and take process.  You give signals, you take their signals.

Another rule that I recently added to my book: the lizard tongue (darting in and out in quick succession) is NOT fun.  Thanks to a party that will remain anonymous, I discovered this the hard way.  French kissing takes technique but definitely not this one.  I don't know anyone who thinks opening and closing your mouth like a fish gasping for air while darting your tongue in and out is fun or sexy.  Absolutely nothing about that is appealing.  It might actually be anti-sexy.  Seriously?  Gross.

I'm a sucker for a really good, nice, long closed mouth kiss.  It's those kinds of kisses that tell me how much the guy cares for me and that he isn't just lusting after me and wants to get something.  These kisses don't involve so much passion, but they're filled with a softer, deeper, sweeter emotion of love.  Although a really awesome french kiss may leave me breathless, it's these sweet, loving kisses that truly leave me weak in the knees.

Those are a few of my personal rules and feelings about kissing and what makes a good or bad kisser.

Going back to the no lizard tongue kissing...it's easy to recognize a bad kisser when the next person you kiss is a great kisser. My first kiss with Kirk was perfect.  Everything about it, from the way he hesitated before going in to the way he cradled the back of my neck with his hand was perfect.  The stark difference between his kisses and Aaron's kisses made kissing Kirk all that much more pleasant.  Going from kissing someone who's style of kissing was, um, unique, to Kirk was amazing.  On top of a great first kiss, that guy (Kirk) knows how to kiss a lady.  He knows how to send shivers down my spine.  He knows how to make me go to sleep at night all dreamy and silly over a kiss.

He does a few things I can't get enough of.  After a few minutes of kissing, when things start to heat up a bit, he entwines his fingers in my hair and pulls on it.  It sounds so weird to type it out, but in the moment, it's super hot.  He moans softly into a kiss and pulls me in closer.  We'll stop kissing and he'll take a step back, take a deep breath, smile and say, "Wow!"  Yeah, Kirk, I feel that way, too.

Kirk and I haven't been kissing that much lately, simply because we're spending more time getting to know each other by talking and doing activities.  But when we do exchange a kiss, it's a reaffirmation to me that this guy and I have mad physical chemistry.  He notices the things that I like and makes sure I know what he likes.  He kisses with care and passion, but with ease and skill.

I've kissed some skilled guys in my life, but Kirk takes the cake.  If you want to know what a good kisser is like, you'll have to kiss Kirk.  Oops!  Sorry, Ladies.  That man is spoken for.  ;)

What do you think makes a good kisser?

"Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves."  


1 comment:

  1. Can't believe no one else has has commented, but I'm not really sure what to say. I guess I either don't have enough experience, or maybe just never had a bad kiss to compare to? I think I've been pretty lucky in that department :) It was something i worried about a lot before my first kiss, but after that it's always seemed so normal that I've never really thought about it. My bigger worry was always more about what's ok/not ok, but I think I was pretty sheltered in that department too.
    So pretty much I just wanted to comment and say I hope other people will comment too.

    Congrats by the way. Kirk seems pretty awesome. Keep the posts commin'.

    ReplyDelete