Saturday, May 26, 2012

That's a little different

There's a guy in one of my classes, who's name happens to also be Justin but we'll call him Jake in order to avoid confusion.  Jake is nerdy, musical, tall and lanky.  We're in a group together and our weekly meetings have sparked a bit of flirtatious banter between the two of us.  We work hard and focus well, but later we bust into song, stand up and start dancing together.  I don't know what it is about this skinny gamer dude, but he's adorable.

There's a catch, though.  He's been married before.  I don't know how to handle this.  I know there's a lot to factor in about the individual situation, but it's not something I've encountered before so I don't know what to do.  He's explained to me what happened and I understand why it ended and I agree that it was good that he ended it when he did, but I'm not sure if he gave it enough time.  I'm hesitant to feed an infatuation with someone I'm not sure can really make something last.

And then there's the conversation we had about how he's not getting into a relationship right now, just dating a ton of different girls and avoiding settling down again.  But hey, we had conversations about relationships!  That means he's at least a little interested, right?

I'm such a mess.  I don't want to like this guy, but I think I do.  I think I'm really into this recently divorced, dorky guy I mostly only see at group meetings.  But I really look forward to the group meetings (who looks forward to homework? seriously.)  and I get super giggly around him.  And he wants to go country dancing.  With me.

Decisions, decisions.  Blah.  

No comments:

Post a Comment