Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Weekend Get Away

Oregon.  I love it.  I love the trees, the rivers, everything.  I would move there in an instant.  True, California holds my heart, but I'm not afraid to try something different.  I love the feeling of cold, crisp, clean air.  I love the look of snow blanketing the ground.  Well, except when it's in Rexburg.  I don't love snow in Rexburg.

I know, I know, you're all probably wondering what happened with Nate over the weekend.  I'm going to be completely honest, not much happened.  I was a little disappointed, mostly because I didn't really know the other people who were there, so I felt a little bit on the outs and was more reserved than I usually am.  No big breakthrough with Nate, no snuggling on the couch while watching movies with his family.  We played games, we ate a ton of food, and we went on a few hikes.

It was a really nice weekend, despite it's lack of spark.  It was simply nice to get away from Rexburg and see something different.  Most of all, it was nice to meet Nate's family.  His mom and I are very similar.  Instead of playing some games with the other kids who showed up (and while Nate was out running errands) she and I spent some time talking about school and traveling.  I asked her to share a recipe with me and she insisted that we become friends on the good ol' FB.  Foot in the door with the family?  Yes, I think so.

My friends keep asking me when I'm going to start dating Nate.  I can't give them any sort of answer because I don't know how he feels, if he feels anything at all.  He might just be a nice guy, instead of someone who's remotely interested and flirts on purpose.  I have no idea.  It's driving me crazy.

Dear Spring Semester:  please.  allow something to happen.  Thanks, Leslie.

No comments:

Post a Comment