Saturday, October 12, 2013

"Hey Lady"

Sometimes people come into our lives who affect us in ways we didn't anticipate, not even in the slightest.

I think Dean is one of those people.

Things started out innocently, with talk of business and blogging. Asking for my input and advice? Not a problem. I'm all over that. But then we started talking about other things and, before I knew it, the entire day had slipped by and we were still talking. He made it effortless to open up and tell him about myself. He did the same. The flirting was subtle, but fun. I didn't think much of our interaction, except that I was excited for the blog growth opportunities that were ahead. Yeah, I admit it, I was driven by completely selfish motives. Okay, the flirting wasn't bad either.

I can't say what it was exactly, but Dean is interesting. He's smart and clever and ambitious. Something about him made me completely comfortable enough to drop the act and tell him who I am. I even invited him over to take a dip in the hot tub with me. Usually when I go down to the hot tub, I stay for about forty five minutes and then I'm done. Me and Dean? We were out there for about two hours just talking. It was fantastic, albeit a little bit awkward meeting for the first time, not really knowing each other except for talking for a couple days beforehand. You know what? I had a great time. I really enjoyed talking to Dean and getting to know him better.

I don't know why, but I was surprised when after Dean and I met for the first time that our conversations didn't become less flirty. He's a great looking guy and could easily get any girl. For whatever reason, I just felt like things would change and he wouldn't be as fun to talk to...but he didn't change. No, instead we continued to talk and continued to flirt. He sent me texts that said, "Hey lady" and I felt my knees weakening. I didn't mean to start nurturing a crush. I didn't mean to kind of fall for him.

Um...oops?

1 comment: