Thursday, February 9, 2012

Almost a breakthrough

Now that Aiden and I are speaking again, I've been spending more time at his apartment.  Consequently, I've seen Eli a lot more and he seems to be getting comfortable with me.  When it's nearly curfew and I'm heading out the door, he looks at me with his big puppy dog eyes and says, "You're leaving?" and then he takes my hand and holds it (somewhat awkwardly) for a moment before saying goodbye.  It's utterly adorable.

Aiden's other roommate Nathan is a pretty good friend of mine and he is just the sweetest guy.  He's a premie and probably the most innocent, kind boy ever.  He's the kind of guy that I want to just wrap up and put in my pocket.  Seriously, Nathan is awesome.  He's decided to put in a good word with Eli for me, since Aiden is too big of a douche to help a girl out.  Tonight the two of them (Nathan and Eli) were in dire need of dates and Eli asked me what me and my roommates were doing.  Unfortunately by the time I told him we were free and more than willing to join them, Nathan had already called a couple girls and set Eli up with a friend of his.  However, I'm hopeful for the future.  Eli is the perfect balance of spiritual and relaxed.


No comments:

Post a Comment