Saturday, November 26, 2011

Nope

Maybe it was the time away from Isaac, maybe it was the time I spent singing Blame it on the Rain in the car over and over during the break, but something clicked in my head.  I am not going to wait around for Isaac to one day wake up and realize that I'm the perfect girl for him.

I'm so into this guy, it's ridiculous.  I'm pining after someone who's pining after some other pretty girl at school.  Why?  Why am I wasting time on him?  I think it's because I want someone to set my sights on, somewhere to put my focus.  He's a good guy, he's handsome, he's funny.  I enjoy his company more than pretty much anyone.  I feel comfortable with him.  However, I feel as though I'm not doing anything of any worth here.

When I was in love with Tyson, I did most of the work in the relationship.  I spent forever trying to get him to respond to what I was doing, which he ended up doing, even if it was reluctantly.  I'm a sucker for begging for attention.  I'm a sucker for falling for the guy who doesn't want to beg for my attention.  Why?

I'm done with it.  If Isaac wants to chase other girls, by all means he may, but I'm not going to sit around pining for him.  That book is closing

No comments:

Post a Comment