Saturday, March 26, 2011

Canoodling and Cop Cars

As is typical for a Thursday night, Daniel and I met up for a nice little romp in the back of my car.  Our normal spot in an abandoned parking lot was taken, so we decided to go to the nearby LDS church parking lot.  It was dark and empty and perfect.  

I've noticed that recently my little excursions with Daniel are less about making out and more about talking and teasing and giggling.  There's part of me that really like this, especially when he sends me text messages after wards saying, "I really enjoy talking to you, Leslie." but then another part of me is screaming, "NOOOOO!!!!  This is when people get attached and hearts are going to be SMUSHED and your 'non-committal' are going to flop over to 'committal' so fast you won't even know!"  I guess the whole arrangement he and I have is a little less NCMO and a little more friends-with-benefits, but I still view it as completely unattached.  I could get a boyfriend at any time.  Daniel could snatch up some pretty young thing (last night I actually told him that he's gonna find her very soon and this will have to end) at any moment.  Annnywaay, point is, we talked a lot last night.  It was fun, we lay in the back of my car laughing and joking around, sharing a couple smooches here and there.

We had hardly spent any time really doing any serious face sucking when Daniel said, "Yup, that's a spotlight."  Sure enough, all the times that Daniel had spent glancing around being paranoid of every light moving around us was giving reason.  Two cop cars pulled into the parking lot, shined their spotlight on my car then walked over and tapped on the window.  We had just been talking at the time, so we were laying side by side, nothing racy going on.  We climbed onto the middle seat and opened the car door. 

First question, "How old are you guys?  Can I see some ID?"  Second,  "So what are you guys doing?"  We answered, "To be perfectly honest, we're makin' out."  To which the lady cop gave us a skeptical look and said, "Just making out, eh?  No sex?  No groping each other?"  This is where I got all silly and giggly and started going on and on about how we're good Mormon kids and we were just making out because we didn't want to makeout at our houses because of our parents and we had been friends for a long time but started dating around Christmas time (so glad Daniel didn't speak up at that time and say we started dating at a different time)  I also threw in a little bit about how "if he ever tried any sort of groping, I'd smack him so hard!"  I don't think the cop was buying it for a little while, but then she eased up and just told us about how if we had been caught having sex, we'd be put on a sex offenders list (you should have seen Daniel's eyes bug out at that) but then she made it clear that just making out is okay, we'd just have to find another place.  

To sum it all up, we weren't doing anything wrong except that we were parking somewhere that was considered closed to the public.  Next time, we'll be more discrete.  

I don't know if anything kills the buzz faster than the fuzz.

No comments:

Post a Comment