Monday, January 12, 2015

2015

Do you really want to know what happened with Chad? We went on several dates and I've never been so bored in my entire life. But you know what? I kept going out with him because everyone kept saying, "It just takes time! Give it one more date!" He kissed me before I went home for Christmas. He wasn't a terrible kisser, but it didn't make up for the fact that he had nothing to say. I've never met someone who was so uninteresting and uninterested, yet still came around asking for dates. In fact, when I finally told him we couldn't keep seeing each other unless it was as friends, he said "Do you think there's potential to be more?" When I told him no, he continued to ask when he could see me and saying things like, "I don't know how may more days I can go without seeing your face!" Sorry, dude. That's not enough to float a relationship on. There has to be something substantial otherwise it'll crumble. Not for me, thanks.

I went on a date right after New Year's with a guy from Tinder. He asked if I wanted to get dinner and, having low expectations but nothing going on that weekend, I accepted. His name is Colton, he's from the east coast, he went to BYUI, and he works full time. He's almost 30, active in the church, and pretty successful. I was expecting to have an awkward dinner with an awkward guy. His photos on tinder were decent, but he looked a little awkward. 

Was dinner awkward? Not at all. Was Colton awkward? Not at all. We talked effortlessly about our families, school, life in Provo. He told me about his illustrating and we talked a bit about ComicCon. We talked about movies and one that's playing came up. He asked if I would like to see it sometime and I agreed enthusiastically. I didn't know he meant that night! He looked up show times and we finished dinner quickly so we could make it. I usually don't like going to movies on a first date, but it was spontaneous and we slipped in a comment to each other here and there. 

Two days later we went out again. He asked me if I wanted to cuddle and at the end of the night he said, "Would it be too forward if I kissed you?" We kissed and it was wonderful. I've been engulfed in this surprising fairy tale that is Colton. We've been out twice more since then.  

I don't want to lose my head over this just yet. I don't know Colton very well yet but I do know that I've been very happily surprised by his appearance. So here's to the future and here's to a better year. Whatever happens with Colton is just another chapter in my book. We'll see how long it's meant to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment