Wednesday, August 20, 2014

My Fairytale

Braden. Time for me to clue you into this guy and why he's got me in such a tizzy.

Braden is yet another guy I met on tinder. The thing that caught me about him, however, was that he quickly said he wanted to meet me, despite living all the way in Salt Lake. He said, "I won't mind the drive, because I already can tell you're worth it." Okay, so I'm obviously a sucker for sweet talking.

Braden and I went on our first date about a month ago. He drove down to Provo and we decided to go out and get pizza from my favorite pizza place in town. As we sat down to wait for our order I could tell he wasn't really feeling the date. He was distracted and not really paying attention to what I was saying. I felt this knot in my stomach and I was already thinking, "Great, here goes another first date where I go home and don't ever get a call back. At least I'm getting delicious pizza out of this." 

Before we got our order, I paused in what I was saying to ask if Braden was feeling alright. He confessed to me that he had a killer migraine and didn't know what to do because he couldn't focus on anything but the migraine and this was not how he wanted our first date to be. I told him it was alright and we could go to my apartment and eat instead. We went back to my place, Braden picked up some pain killers on the way, and when we got back to my place I made him put some peppermint oil on his head to ease the pain. After a little while, I could tell he started relaxing. He was eating more, smiling more, and he was truly engaged in conversation with me. It felt really nice to be sitting with someone on the floor with me (because I still don't have a couch) just talking. 

That was several weeks ago. Braden and I have seen each other more times than I can count since then. I've cooked him dinner. He bought me candles (because I love candles.) We talk on the phone for hours and we say, "Oh yeah? Yeah!" like in Fargo all the time because we watch Fargo together last week. 

Braden makes me unbelievably happy. Like, happier than anyone has ever made me before. Not Kirk, not Tyson, not anyone. I've never felt like this before. 

Braden isn't the perfect LDS guy and I have to admit that I'm not the perfect LDS girl. We both have work to do to get where we need to be in order to take this further, should that be the route this relationship goes, but we're both willing to do the work. He encourages me to be better. We encourage each other to be better. He tells me when something bothers him. He tells me how he feels about me. If he's feeling insecure, he asks me what I feel toward him. We tell each other things. It's outstanding. 

I am so in like. I am so on my way to being in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment