Thursday, December 5, 2013

Ask and Ye Shall Receive

So get this: I ask the universe for a holiday romance and it seems I may have stumbled upon that.

It's been about two weeks since I started talking to Alex. Right off the bat, I knew that he was a different kind of guy because he was clever and funny. He was sincere in his interest in me and last week he invited me out to do some black Friday shopping with him. I almost didn't go because I was so tired from Thanksgiving preparations, but I told myself, "What the heck. Might as well go and make something exciting out of the holiday!" So I got in my car and drove out to meet him. 

Alex was sitting at the front of the line outside of Best Buy (big deal, I know!) and he and I sat together, covered in blankets and talked about everything we could think of. It was cold as balls out there, so Alex tucked our feet under the blankets and draped my legs over his lap, holding my hands in his to keep them warm. He confided in me about his childhood and the things that had happened to him then, he told me about how he didn't go on a mission and why, and he told me I'm beautiful. "I have a good feeling about you," he told me before I left for home. 

Here is a guy who texts me good morning, makes plans to see me and follows through, and compliments me on my cooking, attitude, and smile. Alex is pretty great. Not to mention that he's a personal trainer and has a killer bod...seriously, his muscles? So big. I always want to be touching his arms. 

He texted me today and said, "I think we should go see the lights at temple square as a fancy date night!" Um, yes please! Christmas, winter, romance, the temple, pretty lights? I AM SO IN. Alex, you're a pretty awesome guy. Maybe he can restore my faith in men. After all these failed attempts at dating and the terrible relationship I had with Kirk (who, by the way, has been telling me for months that he lives in Salt Lake and he wants to see me...but it turns out he hasn't even graduated yet! He's still in rexburg. What kind of asshole treats someone like that? I can't believe him.), Alex is a huge breath of fresh air.

2 comments:

  1. Ah no I miss you!! whats happening with your life? whats happening with your new boy? New posts please!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tomorrow I will write a post, I promise! It's long overdue

      Delete