Friday, September 2, 2011

You know what gets my goat?

I've always had more guy friends than girl friends.  Guys are simple, girls are catty.  I don't like drama, I don't want to be around it, I try to avoid it.  This being the case, I end up with tons of guy friends.    But just because I'm "one of the guys" doesn't mean I'm not a girl.

I'm sick of being treated like the go-to girl for dating.  "Leslie, set me up with so-and-so!"  "What do you think of her, Leslie?  Do I have a chance?"  "Do you want to double with me so I can take her out?  I'm sure I have a friend who wouldn't mind going with you."  Wingman, wingman, wingman.  That is ALL I will ever be to these guys.  True, I do kind of bring it on myself by willingly becoming one of the guys, but GEEZE.  Way to hurt a girl's pride!

I have these friends who are constantly trying to get me to set them up with girls that I know.  They want phone numbers or me to arrange a movie night where they can have the opportunity to ask the girl out.  They want my advice on planning the date, how to dress and how much cologne to wear.  I'm supposed to get the girl to dish all her feelings about the date to me so I can report back to the guy.  Like a full time job, it's exhausting.  Not only that, but it kind of irks me when these guys are all appreciative and shower me in compliments like, "More girls should be like you" or "You're going to make a man really happy one day, Leslie.  Thanks for being so great"  Right around then I inhale and bite my tongue.     

Want to know how many dates I've gone on in the past two years I've spent at home?  Four.  FOUR DATES IN TWO YEARS.  That's a lot of weekends spent not on dates.  It kind of insults me that these guys have the balls to tell me I'm so awesome and ask for my help, yet they lack the ones they need to ask me out on a date.  I'm pretty, I'm smart, I'm sexy.  I know I'm these things, so why aren't these guys manning up to take me out?  Even as a friend, I'd still appreciate the offer.  

For now, I'll just tell myself they're too intimidated.  

No comments:

Post a Comment