Saturday, September 24, 2011

Move your body like a cyclone

The Vivint (formerly APX) dance party.  The place where BYU-Idaho students go to get their freak on.  This semester kick off party used to take place at Beaver Dick, but it has since moved to a couple different locations throughout the semesters, landing it this semester at the Vivint building right on Main street in Rexburg.

I showed up about an hour into the shindig and it was already pretty warm in there.  I stepped outside about an hour later and when I walked back inside, I was hit by a wall of heat and perspiration.  There wasn't a single person in that whole room who wasn't dripping with sweat.  It's that kind of low light, super hot environment that encourages us BYUI kids to get down and dirty, touching everyone in the way.

I like dancing.  I like dancing around in a circle like we did when we were younger at stake dances, I like dancing up on my girlfriends.  I even like the occasional grind up on some dude.  It's fun, it's pretty harmless, it's just a way to groove with the music and -literally- let some steam off.  That being said, HOLY COW.  There were some people having full on dry sex at the vivint party.  No shame, no trying to hide it, getting all up and nasty on each other right there in front of everyone.  Don't you think that's a little much?

I was with a couple girlfriends dancing around the floor, weaving our way into the center and then out.  At one point this guy comes up behind me and starts dancing.  No biggie, it was kinda fun even if he didn't have an ounce of rhythm in his body.  He grabbed my hands and was trying to lead me around, in his non-rhythmic way, and it started getting less fun.  Then he licked my neck.  My sweaty, gross neck.  I had hardly seen the guys face (it was pretty dark in there) and he was trying to tongue my neck.  With some expert maneuvering,  me and the ladies got out of the middle and lurked towards the back avoiding the neck-licker.

I suppose it's my fault for being willing to get down and dance with practically any guy who wanted to, but I have a little pride and I definitely have some limits.  Neck-licker crossed them.  I'll probably brave another dance party or two, but I'll be more choosy about who I dance with.

Also, would it be too much to ask for an outside dance party?   Despite being forever far away, at least Beaver Dick didn't leave everyone with stagnant sweat air for everyone to breathe in.

No comments:

Post a Comment